I read a variety of devotions, and several a day including The Daily Bread; A book called 365 Meditations For Women By Women; Moments together for couples on-line; and Mothers of Influence. In reading my devotion today, I came across an old Daily Bread laying on my shelf and was reminded by it’s simplicity of the things I am thankful for. The particular devotion is at the right of this post in my daily devotions.
So I decided to share with you the things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful that I have a forgiving Lord that sent His Son to die on the cross for me. I now have a relationship with Him like none other I have ever had. He comforts me and sooths my spirit so that I may continue His work in teaching others about how they can have the same relationship with the Creator.
2. I am thankful for my husband, Richard, who has a true heart for God. He has shown me more about myself and how to achieve my walk with our Lord than any other person in my life has. I’m grateful to him for working as hard as he does and surprising me every now and then with appreciation for what I do. Including sticking up for me when others feel it’s their duty to criticize me.
3. I am thankful to be able to offer Kelsey an education where patriotism, God and prayer play vital roles. We are blessed in that we don’t have to rush through homework, baths, bedtime and dinner in order to be in bed by a certain time deemed necessary for early morning rush-to-school. She is home with me, I am enjoying homeschooling her very much.
4. I’m thankful to God for struggles because it has made me stop and re-evaluate a lot of different things in our lives and how best to move forward in a way that will be honoring and pleasing to Him.
5. I am ever so thankful for the on-line homeschooling community that inspires me, uplifts me, bonks me on the head when I need it and pushes me in the right direction when I keep looking lost. There are so many wonderful homeschoolers out there that share their journeys complete with trials and triumphs.
6. And last but not least. I am thankful that God allowed me the privilege to be a mother. I have 8 wonderful children….OK I will name them for ya…..Robbie (22), Scotty (21), Micah (would have been 18 this year), Briana (15 1/2 …she reminds us of the 1/2 everyday..LOL), Jordan (15), Jonathan (13), Kelsey (10), and Isaac (9). There you have it! The Davis Children. Some mine, some his, but all ours. I think other than knowing Jesus as my personal savior……….this is the greatest honor God could have given a woman.
What are you thankful for?