68/365 days of blogging.
Today is my mothers 75th Birthday. I am not sure she even reads my blog on a regular basis so I don’t know if she will see this or not.
I wanted to tell her Happy Birthday! I am proud to call her my mom.
There are 10 things I know I learned from my mother, good, bad or indifferent. LOL
- Believe in God.
- You should always carry the following items in your purse whether you use them or not… an emery board, kleenex, lipstick, finger nail clippers, pencil, tape, and yes she did say this…even the kitchen sink. You never know when you are going to be on “Lets Make A Deal.”
- Laugh and have fun.
- Be strong…and get over it!
- Don’t try to cook for just 2 people. It never works. (This is true. I can only cook for an army.)
- Drive with two feet. ( I don’t do this but she taught me to drive this way)
- When it is storming outside, don’t take a bath, talk on the phone, or go outside to play in the rain.
- Don’t back talk your mother.
- Don’t lie.
- Stay out of your momma’s purse.
My mother is a beautiful 75-year-old woman who faces the world everyday like she has her whole life ahead of her to live. When I grow up…I want to live the same way. I want to continue to fulfill God’s purpose for my life on this earth and live my life for Him, and to His glory.
Thank you mom for raising such a strong daughter who is ready to face the world head, fight for what is right, and stand up for what I believe in.
I love you