121/365 days of blogging.
This past couple of weeks has been a rough time for me. I have felt physically, emotionally, and mentally attacked in ways I thought was not possible of being affected by any longer as a Christian.
I read a variety of devotions, and several a day including The Daily Bread; A book called 365 Meditations For Women By Women; Moments together for couples on-line; and several others. In reading my devotion today, I was reminded of the things I am thankful for.
So in light of all the things I have faced called “trials” in the last couple of weeks, I decided to make a list of things I am thankful for.So I decided to share with you the things I am thankful for.
1. I am thankful that I have a forgiving Lord that sent His Son to die on the cross for me. I now have a relationship with Him like none other I have ever had. He comforts me and soothes my spirit so that I may continue His work in teaching others about how they can have the same relationship with the Creator.
2. I am thankful for my husband, Richard, who has a true heart for God. From him I get unconditional love and acceptance. He has shown me more about myself and how to achieve my walk with our Lord than any other person in my life has. I’m grateful to him for working as hard as he does and surprising me every now and then with appreciation for what I do. Including sticking up for me when others feel it’s their duty to criticize me.
3. I am thankful to be able to offer Kelsey an education where God and prayer play vital roles. We are blessed in that we don’t have to rush through homework, baths, bedtime and dinner in order to be in bed by a certain time deemed necessary for early morning rush-to-school. She is home with me, I am enjoying homeschooling her very much.
4. I am thankful that we get the opportunity to live with my mother. On several occasions, it has been a blessing from God that we were here to take care of her while she was sick, and an even bigger blessing that she is able to have someone around to keep her from getting lonely.
4. I’m thankful to God for struggles because it has made me stop and re-evaluate a lot of different things in our lives and how best to move forward in a way that will be honoring and pleasing to Him.
5. I am ever so thankful for the on-line pastors wives community that inspires me, uplifts me, clobbers me on the head when I need it and pushes me in the right direction when I am feeling lost. There are so many wonderful women, who happen to be pastor’s wives, out there that share their journeys complete with trials and triumphs. They inspire me, comfort me, and hold me accountable.
6. I am thankful to God for sending the wonderful Christian friends into my life for support. Without their shoulders to lean on, I am sure I would not remain as level-headed as they hold me accountable for.
7. And last but not least. I am thankful that God allowed me the privilege to be a mother. I have some really great kids…. Some mine, some Richards, but all ours. I think other than knowing Jesus as my personal savior……….being a mother is the greatest honor God could have given a woman.
These are just a few things that come to mind when I get to feeling selfish and start sitting on my pity pot. So many times I get down and say “why Lord?” All I need to do is remind myself of everything I have to be thankful for.
What are you thankful for?